Activities CoordLocation: Port Jefferson, NY Department: Day Hab Terryville Schedule: Day shift Shift: Full Time ReqNum: 2212
Maryhaven is a nonprofit, Long Island based agency committed to helping persons with special needs including intellectual disabilities, mental health issues, physical disabilities, and/or substance abuse/dependence issues to realize their full potential. The agency's purpose is to establish, maintain and operate progressive programs and services which are residential, educational, vocational, and rehabilitative in nature. The ideal goal is the attainment of normalization, in all aspects of life, for each individual we support. Maryhaven's Center Dorm is a home to individuals with intellectual disabilities.
Responsibilities will include:
The Activities Coordinator will facilitate, coordinate and participate in the daily instruction of the individuals Maryhaven supports to ensure meaningful activities.
- BA in Human Services BA (non Human Services) and 1 year experience working with people with disabilities preferred or Associates degree in Human Services and 1 year experience working with people with disabilities or High School diploma/ GED and 2-3 years experience working with people with disabilities.Computer proficient; able to perform electronic record documentation.
- Maintain a valid NYS Driver's License within agency criteria.
- SCIP and AMAP required within 3 months of employment, and annually thereafter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain professional demeanor with staff, individuals supported and outside team members.
We offer extensive paid orientation training. At Maryhaven, which is part of Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future. Due to our extensive network of programs and services, the opportunities for career growth are significant. Come enjoy working with others as you chart your own course for the future!