Direct Support ProfessionalLocation: Wantagh, NY Department: Wantagh CR Schedule: Evening shift Shift: Full Time ReqNum: 2307
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
Maryhaven is a nonprofit, Long Island based agency committed to helping persons with special needs including intellectual disabilities, mental health issues, physical disabilities, and/or substance abuse/dependence issues to realize their full potential. The agency's purpose is to establish, maintain and operate progressive programs and services which are residential, educational, vocational, and rehabilitative in nature. The ideal goal is the attainment of normalization, in all aspects of life, for each individual we support.
Maryhaven's Wantagh Community Residence is a home to individuals who are mentally ill/developmental disabled.
Responsibilities will include:
- Works in a collaborative effort to provide assessment, care, support and/or rehabilitative services to mentally ill and or mentally ill/developmentally disabled adults in a residential setting. Works as apart of an interdisciplinary team.
If you are looking for more than a job and want a career that makes a difference in someone's life. Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Maintain valid NYS driver's license within agency criteria
- Experience with a special needs population or mentally disabled adults preferred
- Ability to write legibly required
At Maryhaven, which is part of Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future. Due to our extensive network of programs and services, the opportunities for career growth are significant. Come enjoy working with others as you chart your own course for the future!