Warehouse AsstLocation: Yaphank, NY Department: Work Center Schedule: Day shift Shift: Full Time ReqNum: 501
Assists Warehouse Supervisor in daily operational responsibilities of warehouse.
1. Responsible for the maintenance and organization of the warehouse.
2. Provides direction to warehouse personnel to ensure efficient flow of materials on and off the workshop floor and through the warehouse.
3. Responsible for the shipping and receiving of customer goods while ensuring the accuracy of such materials and their amounts.
4. Maintains an efficient inventory control system that reflects an accurate account.
5. Coordinates pick up/ delivery of customer good through agency trucks, UPS, and common carrier.
6. Responsible for care and maintenance of warehouse equipment.
7. Operates warehouse equipment (fork truck, pallet jacks).
8. Responsible for loading and unloading of materials on trucks (may include manually lifting 40 lbs.).
9. Required to drive an agency vehicle as needed.
Requirements: High School diploma or GED plus three to five years directly related experience including at least two years supervision of staff or a combination of education and experience which in the opinion of the agency satisfies the position requirements. Maintains a valid New York State driver's license within agency criteria.